is to provide a responsible voice and leadership to the Volunteer Fire Fighter of Saskatchewan, with the intent being to minimize loss of life and property in all aspects of Volunteer Emergency Response.
In the beginning...
The Saskatchewan Volunteer Fire Fighters Association (SVFFA) was formed on the 29th day of September, 1990 and incorporated under the Non-profit Corporations Act on the 21st day of December, 1990.
The SVFFA has provided for, and continues to provide for, its members
Did you know....
- The SVFFA was the leading voice to reduce the provincial sales tax to volunteer fire departments in Saskatchewan.
- The SVFFA provides its membership with yearly training events on a cost recovery basis.
- The SVFFA provides membership discounts to purchase IFSTA Essentials training manuals.
- The SVFFA provides our membership with a $500 Spirit of Volunteerism Scholarship each year.
- We provide a network of more than 2,000 members to share ideas, resources, concerns and solutions.
- The SVFFA provides a powerful voice offering Volunteer Fire Fighters the opportunity to shape the future Fire Service of Saskatchewan.
Joining the SVFFA
To get your fire department as a member of the SVFFA print out and complete this form (2017 registration form).
If you are a company looking to become a Company Associate Member of the SVFFA print out and complete this form (2017 registration form).
Once you have completed those forms mail them and your cheque for the fees to the SVFFA Exec. Dir. Courtney Edwards (mailing address).